Monday, December 7, 2009

My Last Goodbye...


After reporting on Nob Hill and Russian Hill I am thankful that I have had time to experience such a great part of San Francisco that I may not have otherwise. The biggest impression I have of this neighborhood is that it has so much to offer. I have found out about great restaurants, art galleries, and businesses.

Although at first it was really hard for me to approach people in the neighborhood, I found most of the residents and merchants to be extremely helpful and kind. This neighborhood really has a diverse crowd. There is a mix of young professionals, families, hipster kids and some homeless. I heard some people refer to Nob Hill as "Snob Hill" before I embarked on this journey, but I found out that in my personal experience that was not the case.

I would recommend Nob Hill to anyone for a great place to peruse shops, grab a bite to eat or get your nails done. There are a ton of nail salons! I really had to restrain myself from getting a manicure to interview people on a number of occasions.

You don't have to live in Nob Hill to come and spend the day. There are so many great places to go. I found Huntington Park to be such a serene spot to waste the day away reading a great book and talking to strangers. I also found Grace Cathedral to be a beautiful place and a way to get involved with the community.

Most of the people I talked to did not have that many complaints about Nob Hill and Russian Hill and now I understand why. After spending time in the neighborhood I think it would be a great place to live as a young single or even with a family. Writing this blog has been a great way to experience an amazing chunk of San Francisco. Although I first felt like a timid outsider, now I feel like a part of a cultured and welcoming community.

1 comment:

  1. Check out my blog about Russian Hill!

    PolkSheet.com

    ReplyDelete